Sunday, January 8, 2023

Oakley turns 1 - End of Perth Holiday

 We fly home from Perth tomorrow night, it's been a pretty chill relaxing holidays though it will be so good to get home back into our own space and routine. We've been so chill that the kids have been pretty free-range the last 2 weeks which is producing some undesirable behaviours. Micah in particular is really testing our patience, but they are all very ready to be knocked back into reality.

My little love Oakley turned 1 today, we didn't do much, just had a yummy roast dinner (which he slept through) then cake, ambrosia and ice cream. I can't believe how fast the year went, it is crazy. Adjusting to life with our 5 kids has been an adventure but Oakley brings so much sweetness, we all absolutely adore him, I hope that always stays that way.

Over all we've had a really good holiday, it's been super nice watching the kids together, but more so giving Kerry the opportunity to spend some good time with his brother. I hope my boys make an effort to be apart of each others lives no matter where their lives lead them.

We were able to catch up and visit with Waru and Moana, Elyse and her family and Anita yesterday which was really nice, it's been such a long time since we've seen them it's amazing to hear about how much our lives and theirs has changed over the last 15 years. They live in a beautiful area north of Perth city, right on the coast called Yanchep.

My skin is still really good at this stage so it will be interesting to see what happens after we get back to home and work. I defiantly have a few goals that I'd like to achieve this year even though I know I have a lot on my plate with our family of 7, I'm hopeful about trying to do things that will help be be a better version of myself. I've like to get into a routine of exercising and I'd like to start small but learn to save money consistently.



No comments:

Post a Comment