Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Back to school - 2023 term 1

 Kerry is away tonight and probably tomorrow night too. Then he is working away all of next week, so I'm not working. It sucks when he's not here. Not that we see each other much usually because he works during the day, then I go to work when he gets home, but there's something about still being here and doing this together. 

The kids are all back at school, yes, Taylah too. so Taylah is year 11, Mathias year 9, Carter Year 4 and Micah Year 1. I've made it very clear to Taylah that she cannot sign out of school until she officially has an apprenticeship, I'm just glad she'll go to school for now. She does have one good friend, Lily, which is nice. Mathias is back into Stannies life blazing, I think he's keen to try harder in his classes this year. He is doing one ballet class which I'm super glad he agreed to. He is has basketball training for ISA team on Tuesdays after school and those games are on Saturdays, but that will only be for the rest of this term. Then he has Goldminers basketball training on Thursday afternoons, then plays in the local comp on Friday evenings.

Carter has Mrs Brown as his teacher this year and Micah got Mrs Haddy, which they both seem pretty pleased with, they have friends in their classes too so they a happy about that. 

Carter has his birthday coming up on the 13th he will be turning 11. He wrote a birthday wish list for me a couple days ago, it was cute. Half of the list is video games and the other half is super Mario gear (clothes, poster, soft toy) a soccer ball and a Messi shirt (his favourite soccer player) He's so cute, I took him to his touch footy game on Monday and he was so excited to see his friends. I'm so glad that he's enjoying it, he also scored a try. He's also asked me if he can have some friends over for his birthday. I hate having kids over for birthdays, I hate kids birthday parties, you know the ones with way too many kids running a muck. anyway, I said he could have two friends over, I might take them to the swimming pool or something like that. 

I started to go to the gym this week, the kids were home on Monday so Taylah looked after Oakley then, but today was his first day in the child care room at the gym. The lady said he did pretty good, he was crying when I went in to get him, she said he started because the other kids had food hahaha, so next time I'll pack him some little snacks. I want to get there three days a week to do my running program, the C25K app which helps me train to run 5K. I'm so excited to be running again, I love it so much. Granted it is hard, but I feel so good when I'm running, it's a real rush pushing my body to accomplish greater distance each time, I find it extremely rewarding. 

My eating has been ok. I'm trying to lose weight, since baby number 3 I tend to let go a little and put on weight after baby born and this time was no exception. So I have been trying to make little changes and practice making healthier food for my body. My biggest weakness is always chocolate and fizzy. I do drink 'no sugar' varieties and I stopped drinking caffeine (coke) and energy drinks I'm totally off now. I would eventually like to stop drinking fizzy drink all together and only drink water. 

Then there's chocolate! AND all the Easter egg are coming out! it kills me! but I am trying. (as I sit here eating a chocolate bar hahaha)

little Oakley is so close to walking, he is taking more steps each day, it sucks that Kerry will be away over the next week and a half because I think he will miss it. He was being to funny tonight while I had Kerry on a video call, he is quite the little character, and so stinkin' cute! I'm so so grateful to have him, he is pure joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment