Sunday, April 14, 2013

April school holidays 2013

School holidays is here again and it only feels like a few weeks ago they were going back to school. That went by crazy fast but as I reflect back on the progress Taylah-benet has made over the 11 week term I am reminded how fast she is growing up, how fast she is learning, and how short my time with her is.

It seems among parents you either hate school holidays or love them. Or there is bitter sweets, pros and cons. Not having to get all your kids and yourself decent looking before 8.30am so you can drop the kids to school. Sleep ins {these don't exists in my house but I've heard they are possible} then there is the age old task of keeping the kids entertained! Scheduling park visits, pool visits, movies, cousin play dates, friends play dates, quite {or not so quite} days at home.

I've learnt to even theses days out. Alternating a day at home with a activity planned the next day that usually will require us to get out of our pj's and out of our apartment.

Today {Monday 15th} we are starting off with a pj's day, as Tuesday I work and the kids will go to nanas so I totally call that as an activity day.

Tomorrow is also my birthday. Tomorrow marks my 28 year on this earth.

Kerry's birthday is two weeks after mine. I love celebrating, I love to make him feel special on his birthday but he always says to me every year without fail, "it's just another day"

This year I feel like I understand that a little more. I don't need a fuss, I do love to feel special but the truth is he and kids make me feel special. Blessed even. So wether we are out for a special dinner, or sitting at home watching my pick of the movie, it's just another day I can be thankful for my beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment