Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday 12th August

 We moved into our new house last Saturday (3rd August) I asked Kerry to make all the arrangements because I just couldn't deal with it. It all went pretty smoothly, the little kids were super bored but wasn't much we could do about that. The internet had been disconnected from our old house on Friday and the new house wasn't getting connected until Monday. But everyone survived, myself included. This last week I've been cleaning the other house almost everyday and I finished it and returned the keys today only to realise I was missing 4 keys! I'll have a look for them but if I don't find them we'll probably just have to pay to get those 4 cut again. We got the house looking better than I was expecting, now everything is crossed that we get the whole bond back. 

Talia came over from New Zealand for 5 days to see Nana Stevie. Camilla picked her up from the airport and drove her to my house, they slept the night and then I drove her to Cowra the next day. The day after we moved Kerry and Mathias went to Dubbo for WRAS trials and I took the three little boys and went to Cowra to spend some more time with Tali while she was here. That was really nice. Then on Tuesday Mum drove her to my place and I drove her to the airport. It was a long day of driving but was really nice to see her and spend some time with her. 

Kerry went away for work on Thursday and came home Sunday night. I didn't sleep very well while he was away, this new house makes some random noises so I was a bit scared. 

I have had a better week feels wise. I had my appointment with Dr Pav today which was good. I'm glad I didn't wait for the appointment to go back on antidepressants. It's still been hard, but I think I'm doing better. 

I stopped wearing my Apple Watch a few weeks ago which has been amazing. I was hardwired to my mobile phone and all the notifications that came through on it, I just got so sick of it. I really hate spending loads of time on my phone and I can feel how addictive it is and how yucky it feels when I spend too much time on it, so having that instant connection with it just amplified that. It has been very liberating not getting all the notifications instantly on my wrist. 

I don't think we have much on over the next few weeks, but I would like to visit Nana as often as I can, especially when we don't have things on. It has been so nice spending more time with her and family. It's such a pleasure watching her glow with love as she is surrounded by all of us. She is just as cheeky as ever and there are plenty in the family who are even more cheeky back to her, but she's always been a good sport.

Nana Parahi died on Friday (9th August) I didn't feel anything, but that feels a bit odd too. She's never really been part of my life and I haven't seen or heard from her in I don't know how many years, so I have had nothing to do with her for so so long, it just felt odd to hear that she died, and I'm not sad or anything about it. Her funeral is tomorrow. 

My Nana, on the other hand... has always been in my life, always. When she goes I know I will be sad because I will miss her physical presence. But I'll be glad that she'll no longer be in pain, and that she will finally be reunited with Grandad and Uncle Sam, and that makes me happy. She is so incredibly loved! holy heck, it seems kind of a rare thing in todays world, but such a beautiful thing to witness and be apart of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment