Friday, August 16, 2024

Nonsence

 We spend so much of our lives and so much energy running around in circles trying to figure things out and find answers. When will I be able to live my own life as an independent adult? When will I find the love of my life? What career am I meant to choose? When should I start having children and how many should I have? Should I have children at all or will I just be a terrible parent so it'd be better off if I don't? Why did some one I love so deeply have to die? Why did I get this cancer? Who am I meant to be? am I on the right path? Where should I live in the world? Why don't they like me, is there something wrong with me? Why is everything worth having, so flipping hard to get to? Why can't they love me for me? When can I stop running and carrying all this weight? 

We were never meant to have all the answers and even if they were given to us when we asked, we'd almost certainly not get it!

We don't learn anything from an easy game. We don't learn anything when we're not pushed to our limits.

This life is a refining process, and it happens in stages. I could give you all the answers I've learned in my 39 years of living life, but they won't mean as much to you now, because you haven't learnt it through your own experience yet. But when you do... you will remember my words and go 'ohhhhhhhh now I see!'

You could be given all the answers when you're five years old, and it's a yellow ball that you kick and throw around and play with, but that's all. It's fun for a moment, but then you lose interest and forget to look after it and loose it. 

Then you're given all the answers again, when you're 15 years old, and you think it's so stupid you don't need it, you already know everything,  and you don't need a stupid old ball. You want to go out and make your own ball that's way more exciting and fun.

Now you're twenty five, thirty five, forty five and fifty... you get it. you start to get it, and you realise that's just the tip of the ice burg. Us and life, are waaaayyyyyyy more complex, powerful and vulnerable, than you ever realised. simultaneously and beautifully simple too, but you're not quite sure how that's even possible. But it most definitely is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment